As your payments provider we’re always looking for ways to help you to process card payments efficiently. We have seen a rise in recent months of fraudsters initiating fraudulent sales and refunds by distraction of a cashier or access to a card terminal that was not properly secured. We recommend the following steps to avoid incurring losses through fraud:
- Ensure that your card terminal is stored in a secure place that cannot be accessed by members of the public when not in use
- Ensure your card terminal is visible at all times throughout the payment process
- Be wary of attempts by the customer(s) to distract your staff during the process
- Update refund passwords and only provide this to staff who need to perform refunds
- Remove manual card input at the terminal if it is not needed
What do you need to do?
If you believe you have been the victim of a fraud attack:
- Review the relevant transaction receipt(s) to see if any manipulation of the card number or transaction value occurred
- Do not complete the "end of day batching" as there is still the possibility to void a suspect transaction
- Contact Customer Service team on the number below as soon as possible and they can talk you through voiding a transaction
The Fraud Management team will then carry out a full investigation.
Here to help
If you require further assistance please contact your Customer Service team on the contact details below.